Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jenkins Slave Automatic Start

Scenario: Jenkins Master running on Windows with a Jenkins Slave running on CentOS

Problem: The Jenkins Slave is not automatically connecting after a restart of the slave server, master server, or master Jenkins service

Solution: In early 2013 Jenkins introduced a security token fix outlined here

The thread provides many options for connecting. I decided the path of least resistence was to enable anonymous connect/disconnect for slaves. This is acceptable in my environment because each Jenkins instance is behind a firewall and I feel the security risk is minimal. This might not always be the case, but in this situation, it fixed the problem quickly.

I created a jenkins-slave service in /etc/init.d based on this article. I made a few modifications to the script, but it's working great.

No comments:

Post a Comment